915 N. Mansfield Avenue Hollywood, CA 90038 US
Job Title: Technical Artist – Direct Hire
The Technical Artist is an integral part of the creative and production staff that drive the success of client’s screen-printed apparel pieces. The Technical Artist will prepare files for color, layout, and technical specifications for screen printing. They will be responsible for translating design concepts to technical artwork for pre-production and production in the Screen Print Department. They work closely with the product managers to define design requirements and bring the project’s vision to fruition.
• Responsible for film separation, art placement, art sizing, and creation of production tech-packs (vectorizing artwork, art placement, sequence, technique, ink color)
• Creates line sheets representative of the season and item type
• Responsible for the delivery of quality production ready artwork, proofs, and digital files to meet strict internal and external timelines and scheduling requirements
• Communicates with Design during development & pre-production to research and develop best techniques.
• Create uniform spec sheets for production reference. Review spec sheets with screen output lead and print floor supervisor.
• Upon artwork approval, the technical artist/designer will translate AI pertinent information to screen output lead and print floor supervisor to ensure proper production
• Catalogs and libraries AI artwork designs for film and screen output
• Catalogs and libraries the spec sheets by Season, Class, and item type
• Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team and production team
• Maintains a knowledge of all departmental software, equipment, and work techniques
• Makes recommendations for departmental upgrades by keeping current with industry and technology advancements
• Ensures all work is performed in a safe and efficient manner
• Supports the team to meet production goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design and at least 3+ years’ experience in relevant industry related experience or equivalent
• Expert level in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Ability to translate images to vector artwork
• Creativity and wide range of styles from simple line work/logo design to full blow illustration
• Full understanding of color separation process and screen-printing process required
• Strong understanding and knowledge of screen mesh to film resolution translation for printing on garments
• Knowledge of Windows operating system
• Detail oriented and disciplined in maintaining brand guidelines
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management skills (keeping up with deadlines a must)
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT, Nate Hamann, Technical Recruiter
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.