Start Your Search With NSC
We re Looking for Skilled, Dedicated Workers. Join Us!
NSC matches you with great job opportunities in marine construction and repair, light industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, commercial construction, skilled trades, engineering, professional, technical, and other in-demand fields.
Structural Welder Journeyperson-3203
750 West Berkley Avenue Norfolk, VA 23523 US
NSC Technologies is currently hiring a Welder in Norfolk, Virginia. The ideal candidate must have 2-5 years of experience as a Structural Welder.
Essential Job Functions:
Must pass the Structural Weld test (Stick and Flux Core). This position is responsible for welding pipes of various metals on a ship or in a shop to support mechanical repairs and modernization of marine vessels, including US Naval, Military Sealift Command, and commercial ships. The journeyman welder is also responsible for providing direction to assigned helpers. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Must comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes a hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must effectively confer job-related information, such as conditions found by writing condition reports that include recommended corrective action.
5. Must have a thorough knowledge of SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW theory.
6. Must be able to certify in P-3 joint with a permanent backing ring and P-14 socket weld joint:
3. FCAW OR
4. Silver Brazing
7. Must interpret drawings, specifications, and Navy/MSC/ABS standard items and manuals.
8. Must possess a working knowledge of equipment and processes used in marine pipe welding.
9. Must operate and care for welding equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools to accomplish assigned work.
10. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
11. Must have four (4) years of pipe welding experience.
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that places qualified, skilled, technical, and professional talent in virtually any market. We are experts in creating custom staffing solutions that fit the needs of any size business. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success.
NSC Technologies offers:
• Competitive pay
• Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
• Long-term job opportunities
• Referral bonus if you qualify
• OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long-term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States. Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com.
NSC Technologies is a drug-free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D