Sheet Metal Mechanic
Jacksonville, FL 32233
NSC Technologies is currently hiring for Sheetmetal Mechanics in Jacksonville FL!
- TEMP ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PURPOSE (Job Description)
- TEMP POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training)
TEMP POSITION DEMANDS (Required Experience)
- Must have at least 5 years experience working on Navy ships and have the ability to navigate a ship and understand compartment designation
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, layout, fabricate, install and repair sheetmetal products related to shipboard construction HVAC and habitability and have an excellent knowledge of the various types of metals and sizes.
- Excellent knowledge of habitability layout and installation of metal joiner (MJ) bulkheads, MJ doors, berths, galleys and office outfitting
- Must be able to repair sheetmetal products related to Shipboard construction HVAC and Habitability
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Must have full knowledge of Work Authorization Form (WAF)
- Must be able to complete work with little or no guidance from Supervisor
- Must have basic knowledge of Standard Items
- Works well with others
- TEMP PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to go on vessels
- TEMP VISUAL REQUIREMENTS
- TEMP WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- TEMP PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble ventilation runs in accordance with drawings, specifications and meet Navy shipboard standard detail requirements, with little to no supervision
- Ensure tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met (ex., ventilation, lighting, safety equipment, etc.)
- Ensure conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written (ex., fuel run back, unsafe working conditions, etc.)
- Ensure that WAF ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished. Must ensure that no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
- Ensure that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (ex., special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc.)
- Ensure that you are trained for qualified for the work you are assigned to do (ex., JLG, forklift, welding, brazing, special electrical/mechanical repairs, etc.)
- Ensure that you and personnel working under your direction are working safely and as productively as possible, maintaining quality control at all times
- Ensure that job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure
- Ability to complete assignment with little supervision
- TEMP ACCOUNTABILITY
- TEMP STANDARD EQUIPMENT ISSUE
- TEMP UNIQUE/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME TO jana.Bostick@nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
**NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees*
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D