Start Your Search With NSC
We re Looking for Skilled, Dedicated Workers. Join Us!
NSC matches you with great job opportunities in marine construction and repair, light industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, commercial construction, skilled trades, engineering, professional, technical, and other in-demand fields.
1600 Ely Street Marinette, WI 54143 US
This position is responsible for accomplishing, with minimal supervision, production seam welding on a ship or in a shop to support structural repairs, construction, and modernization of marine vessels including US Naval Vessels, Military Sealift Command, and commercial ships and barges. Attachment of metal work pieces using welding or tack welding processes, preparation of welding equipment and work pieces according to specifications. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
Qualifications, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must have a working knowledge of ship terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Welds metal parts together, using spot or seam welding machines, guns or hand, electric, or gas welding equipment.
- Must be able to properly set-up machine with reference to type, thickness, shape, and contour of material to be worked on.
- Selects proper areas, offset holders, electrodes, and tips.
- Determines and adjusts pressure and power stroke; sets welding current and timing cycle Performs such typical working operations as assembling parts in proper position, alignment, and relationship.
- Straightens parts, if necessary; welds parts together to complete assembly.
- Locates spots per print to minimize warpage, creepage; performs welding inspection for conformance to standards.
- Recognizes improper functions and corrects by adjusting machine.
- Refinishes electrode tips towards good welding operation.
- Performs regular seam welder functions with the continuous manual lifting of sub assemblies and assemblies.
- Connects hoses from torch to tanks of oxygen and fuel gas, and turns valves to release mixture.
- Ignites torch and regulates flow of gas and air to obtain desired temperature, size, and color of flame.
- Preheats work pieces preparatory to welding or bending, using torch.
- Examines work piece for defects and measures work piece with straightedge or template to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Signals crane operator to move large work pieces.
- Dismantles metal assemblies or cuts scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torch or plasma-arc Positions and secures parts, using hoist, crane, wire and banding machine, or hand tools.
- Must be able to interpret drawings, specifications, and Navy/MSC/ABS standards manuals.
- Must possess a working knowledge of welding equipment and work processes used in marine welding.
- Must be able to operate and care for welding equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must understand the US customary and metric measurement system.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, leather steel toe boots, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a U.S. person.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work in confined and enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Must be available to work all 3 shifts, and weekends, as required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
For Immediate Consideration Please Email Your Resume To: firstname.lastname@example.org, call 920-432-5400 or apply online at superior-rg.com.
At SRG our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
• Competitive pay
• Medical Coverage
• Referral bonus
• Identity Theft Protection
• Legal Assistance
Superior Resource Group has been finding good jobs for engineering and technical candidates for over 3 decades! We are a premier service provider that appreciates the people who choose to work "through us". We attract top notch candidates by offering favorable employment experiences.
Superior Resource Group is a drug free company. Superior Resource Group is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D.