SHIPYARD MARINE PIPEFITTER
San Diego, CA 92101
Responsibilities of the MARINE PIPEFITTER:
- Laying out, fabricating, assembling, installing, and repairing marine piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, salt water, potable water, hydraulic, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, compressed air, engine exhaust, etc. In accordance with work specs, blueprints, and NAVSEA standard items
- Must have strong knowledge and vast experience in the set-up, maintaining and break down of LP Air Manifolds, Temporary Fire Stations, supplying LP Air and Firemain to ship risers using portable fire pumps and/or air compressors. Must be willing to cross train in running other Temporary Services, as needed. Be willing to train other employees in the proper running of Firemain and LP Air Services.
- Selecting type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications, knowledge of system operation, and study of plans / working drawings
- Planning sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and cutting pipe
- Threading and ending pipe by hand or with pipe bending machine
- Assembling and joining piping by means of threaded, chalked, wiped, soldered, brazed fused, or cemented joints
- Securing pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools
- Fabricating as necessary using shop machinery and equipment
- Testing of piping systems for leaks
- Minimum 5 years pipefitting experience working aboard a ship or in shipyard environment preferred
- *Must be able to demonstrate journeyman level competency in the trade by completing both written and hands on assessments*
NSC will provide OSHA 10 Maritime training to all eligible employees.
****NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
*NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
- NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D