San Diego, CA 92101
Location: San Diego, CA
RESPONSIBILITIES OF SHIPYARD CARPENTER
Carpenter Job Description:
NSC Technologies has an immediate opening for Carpenters for shipyard work in San Diego, CA. Carpenters must be able to understand the basic scope of work and complete the tasks assigned with supervision. Tasks include assisting with constructing, installing, repairing, and fabricating structures to protect ship' s equipment.
Carpenter Job Requirements:
- Must understand proper use and care for circular saw, table saw, and radial arm saw, band saws, drill press, drill motors, planer, routers, grinders, and joiners
- Must be able to layout blocking arrangements from blocking plan and be able to build bilge blocks and feel blocks on dry dock
- Must know the different types of wood most commonly used and their application
- Must have forklift experience and be able to demonstrate ability to operate appropriate forklifts
- Must be able to construct shipping crates, cradles for shafts, rotors etc to carpenter standards
- Must have two years of experience
- High School education or equivalent (GED)
Candidate will interview with hiring manager.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 619-795-4350
At NSC Technologies, LLC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Competitive pay
- Medical Coverage
- Long Term Opportunities
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.