Rigger 1st Class
Jacksonville, FL 32233
The Rigger 1 is responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications
safely, with the highest quality, in a professional manner. Assist other trades in removing
equipment and /or structural components by the use of lifting equipment such as chain falls,
cranes, shackles and slings. NASSCO Riggers must be able to meet the
requirements of an Outside Machinist.
- TEMP POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training/Experience)
- Have the advanced knowledge of crane signals and terminologies
- Ability to communicate with crane operators via hand signals or voice radios
- Ability to carry and use chain falls
- Have the advanced knowledge in proper inspect, use and store wire rope pennants and slings
- Have the ability to determine the load weight and center gravity when rigging equipment
- Ability determining the correct rigging equipment for the current task
- Possess the knowledge of using complex multipoint suspension techniques to maneuver loads and move objects from heights of 50ft to 70ft
- Possess the knowledge of knot tying with the capabilities of tying knots and knowing their uses and functionalities such as bowlines, square knots and hitches, etc.
- Ability to estimate the weight needed to accomplish weight test for different types of ships equipment
- Be able to carry a full tool bag and assist outside machinist in removing, dissembling, repairing, reassembling and reinstalling ships equipment.
- Minimum or 8-12 years shipyard rigging experience
- Must be able to work at heights of 20 ft. Or higher
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, kneel and crawl for long periods of time
- Must be able to adhere and understand the companies safety policies as well as industrial safety requirements
- Have a minimum of basic tools sizes ranging from 1/4 to 1
- Must be a qualified rigger level one and qualified signal person OSHA 1926 Subpart CC Certified. Must be able to show proof.
- TEMP PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
TEMP WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Vision Requirements: The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as:
operating machines where the seeing job is at or within arm s reach or performing mechanical or
skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as ones by electricians, technicians, service
people, painters, mechanics, etc.
- TEMP WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports to shop supervisor. This position develops and maintains a positive working relationship with other Welders and supports a team approach in the pursuit of common company goals.
TEMP PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- TEMP ACCOUNTABILITY
- TEMP STANDARD EQUIPMENT ISSUE
- UNIQUE/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Evening and weekend hours
Approx. 70% of a mechanics time is devoted to actual production
Call 904-372-0314 for more information or send your updated resume to hotjobsjax@nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
**NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees*
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D