Project Manager - Commercial
605 N. 3rd Avenue Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235 US
NSC Technologies is currently hiring for a Project Manager - Commercial in Wisconsin.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for being the primary liaison between our customers and our internal and external stakeholders for new construction, major refit or repair projects. Projects, consisting of significant heavy manufacturing, take place in fabrication shops, dry docks and on the waterfront. The successful candidate will support the 1,000+ working men and women on our waterfront by leading, coordinating and controlling all aspects of one or more maritime construction project from inception to vessel delivery.
- Work with supervisors to plan, organize and direct near-term and long-term project priorities.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Develop, communicate and drive the project schedule.
- Oversee all in-house and outsource activities.
- Drive safety and cleanliness on the project.
- Lead safety initiatives, following the company policies and procedures.
- Investigate safety hazards and manage all other risks by implementing appropriate corrective action
- Report on progress and related metrics as established.
- Confer with supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other stakeholders to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project, through administrative direction of on-site supervisors, to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure timely delivery of materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, shipbuilders, customers, etc.
- Ability and willingness to engage in highly energetic pursuits on the waterfront.
- Maintain a commitment to and promote the Quality and Environmental, Health & Safety Policies.
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
- Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Effective Communicator -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Accountability -- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Builds Network -- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of construction processes and building science
- Competence with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of project scheduling
- 5 years progressive leadership in a shipbuilding, manufacturing or construction environment.
- Experience in shipyard project management -- new construction or repair.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations (USCG, ABS, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, or a related field.