19401 Chef Menteur Hwy New Orleans, LA 70129 US
- Layout and route mechanical piping systems; make mock up of systems; pressure test systems, must be familiar with installation of marine and air craft type fitting; install pumps, models, valves and pressure switches.
- Job duties involve tubing identification, holes, label plate installation, drill penetration, piping and testing.
- Typical tools used in the performance of job duties include open-ended wrenches and sockets.
- May perform work from Engineering drawings, sketches, written and verbal instructions.
- Reading from computer screens to retrieve work instructions, blueprints or other documents
- May direct the work activities or tasks of other employees.
- Maintain records, forms, and logs as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- One (1) plus year of related tubing mechanic experience.
- Ability to read blueprints, shop orders, sketches, and drawings is necessary to the completion of tasks or work.
- Ability to perform shop mathematics
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours as needed to accomplish the task or work with little or no prior notification.
- General understanding of metric measuring system.
- Naval craft experience is a plus.
- Note: Level will be determined based on relevant experience, scope of role, skills, etc
- High school diploma or GED certificate
Similar roles may include:
- Pipe fitter, welder, fabricator, boilermaker, carpenter, tooling technician, mechanic, plumber
Essential Physical Demand Requirements:
Physical demands described have been validated by on-site job analysis. They are representative of the physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully and safely perform the essential functions of this job. The following information is a synopsis of key physical demand requirements determined from a detailed job analysis:
Postural: Must have the ability to move extremities and spine throughout a sufficient range of motion that will permit the employee to work in a variety of postures involving a range from floor to overhead level. Flexing and twisting of the trunk and other awkward postures are occasionally required.
Dexterity: Must have a good dexterity and frequently use one and two hands throughout the work period for hand tools and handling materials.
Cardiorespiratory Demand: Must have sufficient cardiorespiratory fitness to be able to perform medium work involving constant standing and walking, material handling and performing work in a hot, humid environment.
General Physical Activities: Include standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, body twisting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, speaking clearly, seeing distant/reading, reaching, hearing, depth perception, color vision, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs and balancing.
Physical Demand Level - Medium: Must be able to perform medium physical labor as classified by the United States Department of Labor. May be required to lift up to 35 pounds for a single person lift and up to 70 pounds team lift.