Pipefitter 1st Class
Norfolk, VA 23523
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, and general correspondence in English.
2. Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
3. Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must be able to effectively confer job related information verbally and in writing including providing recommended corrective action.
5. Must have working knowledge of different types of joint fit-ups.
6. Must have a working knowledge of Silver Brazing theory.
7. Must be able to certify in: a. MT Braze (B-1)
8. Must be able to interpret specifications and Navy/MSC/ABS standard items and manuals.
9. Must possess a working knowledge of equipment and work processes used in marine pipe fabrication, repair, and targeting.
10. Must be able to operate and care for equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
11. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
12. Must have four (4) years of pipefitting experience, two (2) of which in the maritime repair environment.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT OTTO AT: 757-394-8753 or otto.Beasley@nsc-tech.Com
APPLY DIRECTLY **
NSC will provide OSHA 10 Maritime training to all eligible employees **
At NSC Technologies our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Competitive pay
- Medical Coverage *
- Dental *
- Vision *
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.