Marine Electrician QA Inspector
4601 Shilshole Ave NW Seattle, WA 98107 US
Contract Length 18 months
$ 65.00 to $92.00 per hour
This position is responsible for developing, tracking, administering, and scheduling tests and inspections and writing required reports. The incumbent inspects in-process and final craft work for proper approvals and documents results as required in test and inspection plans developed by the Quality Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops tests and inspection plans for areas of responsibility in accordance with internal quality requirements and contract specifications, including but not limited to NAVSEA Standard Items, U.S. Coast Guard Regulations, Classification Societies, and other applicable engineering standards.
- Serves as liaison between supervision, crafts and regulatory agencies, as required.
- Ensures that all preliminary inspection requirements have been satisfied and are accomplished in accordance with contract specifications prior to final inspection call outs to regulatory agencies and Customers.
- Informs Project Management, Quality Director, Operations Managers / Directors of all deficiencies requiring corrective action as outlined in the Quality Management System (QMS) to include Internal Deficiency Reports (IDR), Quality Deficiency Reports (QDR), and Non-Conforming Services (NCS).
- Assists Managers, the Quality Director, and supervisors in developing test memos and Process Control Procedures to ensure that final forms and testing practices are in proper format.
- Experience with measuring and test equipment and precision tools
- Connector certification/experience preferred (but not required):
- Multi-Pin Coaxial Connector Termination/Inspection
- Fiber Optic Termination/Inspection
- Insulation Resistance/Continuity readings and tests
- Read blueprints and specifications
- Monitor operations to ensure that they meet production standards
- Recommend adjustments to the production process
- Inspect, test, and measure materials or products being produced
- Accept or reject finished items
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products
- Report inspection and test data to Project Management Team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality Control, or equivalent experience as a qualified journeyman electrician
- Knowledge of ship electrical systems, particularly how they interact and construction/repair sequencing.
- Knowledge of material specifications is preferred
- Knowledge of electrical specifications (IE MIL-STD 2003, IEEE-45, National Electrical Code). Knowledge of Regulatory Electrical requirements for ABS, USCG, Lloyds, DNV, NAVSEA.
- Knowledge of electrical safety
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience in a fabrication/production environment, preferably job-shop as well as on board vessels/field work
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT 425.412.4227 Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.com?
At ULG our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:?
- Medical Coverage?
- Short- and long-term disability coverage?
- Identity Theft Protection?
- Legal Assistance?
- Long Term Opportunities?
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities?
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team?
ULG is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!?
We are an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market.? We cultivate a culture of inclusion that respects individual strengths & experiences.? We understand that our differences make us a stronger team, enabling us to make better decisions and deliver better results. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Skilled Staffing Experts!?
All qualified candidates including veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.?