Newport News, VA 23607
The Deck Electrician must have three (3) or more years of experience in the electrical field Marine or Commercial Nuclear applications.
1.Must be able to read and interpret shipboard electrical installation drawings, wiring tables, schematics, and work packages.
2. Work independently with proper instruction.
3. Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.).
4. General deck electrician work. (i.E. Layoff and mount electrical equipment and wireways; install cable penetrations in equipment, bulkheads, and decks; cable installation; cable terminations; and cut-in and hook-up)
5. Proficient in the use of basic electrician hand tools (i.E. Pliers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, connector crimping tools, etc.)
6. Physically able to climb vertical and inclined stairs and ladders, crawl, bend, stoop, work at heights, and work in confined spaces.
7. A Deck Electrician will be required to pass the Stud Shooting training class and the associated vision test. These tests will administered by NNS.
Required Safety Training / Qualifications:
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to Newport News Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at Newport News.