Start Your Search With NSC
We re Looking for Skilled, Dedicated Workers. Join Us!
NSC matches you with great job opportunities in marine construction and repair, light industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, commercial construction, skilled trades, engineering, professional, technical, and other in-demand fields.
Manufacturing Operator - 1st shift
2424 East Aragon Road Tucson, AZ 85756 US
Job Title: Manufacturing Operator
Location: Tucson, AZ
Company Summary: Medical Manufacturer
A Manufacturing Operator, also known as a machine operator, uses equipment to assist with manufacturing, packaging, and other steps along a production process in order to create products and distribute them to customers.
Set-up and run manual, automatic and/or semiautomatic machines and related ancillary equipment in a production / processing operation. Machine set-up requires a high level of precision, knowledge of machine controls and the interaction of multiple variables to function properly.
Follow production / process specifications or instructions to manufacture a product. This may include, monitoring speed, temperature, diameter measuring equipment, flow meters, gauges, valve position to ensure adherence to production / process specifications.
Perform in process quality checks for process and product characteristics using prescribed gauges, meters, microscopes and micrometers.
Report any malfunctions or abnormalities and make minor adjustments and repairs to equipment.
Jobs may be of short, medium or long duration, requiring frequent change in set up and variation in cycle.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend written work instructions.
- Ability to add and subtract fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use rulers and scales.
- Must be quality conscious and possess ability to meet production and quality standards.
- Ability to solve practical problems and/or interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Entry to mid-level computer skills required.
- May be required to lift up to 25 lbs as required by the job task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Minimum 6 months manufacturing experience preferred
- Minimum of High school graduate or equivalent
Staff Matters PAYS YOU for referrals! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement