Start Your Search With NSC
We re Looking for Skilled, Dedicated Workers. Join Us!
NSC matches you with great job opportunities in marine construction and repair, light industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, commercial construction, skilled trades, engineering, professional, technical, and other in-demand fields.
Machinist III NPI
5675 W Burlingame Rd. , USE SPREADSHEET FOR FEEDBACK Tucson, AZ 85743 US
This position supports operational excellence in the machining processes to drive productivity, quality and continuous improvement. We expect this individual to be a leader who collaborates with the team to exceed organizational goals.
- Knowledgeable of safety standards for equipment and demonstrate safe behaviors at all times
- Maintains a clean and safe work area at all times
- Complete required equipment maintenance checks
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to company quality standards
- Performs operations per Engineering for prototype parts and per specifications on drawing/print and documented procedures on shippable parts
- Must work well with others in a team environment
- Monitor operations and quickly troubleshoot non-conformances as they occur
- Deburr parts using machines such as milling, drilling, grinding and other machines as needed
- Identify parts clearly and accurately using vibropeen, electo chemical etching, cnc engraver, dotpeen, or equivalent
- Hone parts utilizing vertical and horizontal honing machine
- Machine parts on CNC Mill’s and Lathe’s
- Process parts through CNC, potting, swage/press, roll release, and torque testing as needed
- Perform and record first piece inspection and fill out in-process inspection sheets
- Provide comprehensive feedback to NPI team on parts being processed along with ideas for improvements
- Train others as directed
- Set up proven and unproven jobs on CNC equipment, make approved adjustments and program edits
- Work with CNC programmer to finalize machine programs
- Work with ME to finalize swage processes
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 8 years machining experience
- Experience running and setting up CNC Lathe and CNC Mill
- Must be able to read and write English
- Application of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics
- Experience in reading, interpreting technical drawings, routers, work instructions and specifications. Able to create plan on how to machine based on information.
- Advanced measurement skills for inspection, including GD&T, use of CMM, and optical comparator
- Knowledge of cutting tool capabilities (speeds/feeds, types, insert grades, etc based on material and size)
- Must be proficient in G & M codes, creating and editing CNC programs on lathes and mills, and setting up complex parts
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and multi-tasking abilities
- Train other Machinists and/or Manufacturing Techs as directed
- Monitor operations and quickly react and troubleshoot non-conforming operations as they occur
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to bend, squat, sit, stand, walk, and handle objects. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull, and reach above shoulder level. The employee must be able to carry/lift up to 40 pounds and be able to rotate item being handled
- Work on feet for entire shift
- Manual dexterity and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks quickly and methodically
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Working knowledge of CNC machine code
- Must be able to set up proven jobs in established time
- Must hold a Designated Quality Inspection (DQI) authority or have the prerequisite skills (drawing comprehension, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and inspection methodology) to become qualified within 6 months of hire.
- Experience designing and creating tooling based on part geometry
- Experience with spherical surfaces and threads and able to make machine adjustments to ensure parts meet specification
- Some conventional machining experience
- College Course work preferred
- Master Cam or ESPRIT experience
- Preferred ability to set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts
- Experience machining titanium and thin walled aluminum parts
High School or better.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT, Tom Cassell, Recruiter
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.