Start Your Search With NSC
We re Looking for Skilled, Dedicated Workers. Join Us!
NSC matches you with great job opportunities in marine construction and repair, light industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, commercial construction, skilled trades, engineering, professional, technical, and other in-demand fields.
Machinist III - E Shift
5675 W Burlingame Rd. , USE SPREADSHEET FOR FEEDBACK Tucson, AZ 85743 US
Job Title: Machinist III – E Shift
Salary: $24.18 – $38.32 per hour
This position supports operational excellence in the machining processes to drive productivity, quality and continuous improvement. We expect this individual to be a leader who collaborates with the team to exceed organizational goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable of safety standards for equipment and demonstrate safe behaviors at all times.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Complete required equipment maintenance checks
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to company quality standards.
- Performs operations per specifications on drawing/print and documented procedures.
- Must work well with others in a team environment.
- Monitor operations and quickly troubleshoot non-conformances as they occur.
- Produce and inspect parts at rate.
- Deburr parts using machines such as milling, drilling, grinding and other machines as needed.
- Perform SPC
- Perform and record first piece inspection and fill out in-process inspection sheets.
- Assist others with machining problems.
- Provide continuous improvement ideas/solutions. Participates in evaluation and implementation of improvement if appropriate.
- Train others as directed.
- Provide direction and assist others with machining practices and issues.
- Set up proven and unproven jobs on CNC equipment, make approved adjustments, edit programs, set tooling requirements to turnover jobs to level I & II machinists if required.
- Minimum of 5 years machining experience.
- Experience running CNC Lathe and CNC Mill.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Application of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics.
- Experience in reading, interpreting technical drawings, routers, work instructions and specifications.
- Able to create plan on how to machine based on information.
- Advanced measurement skills for inspection, including GD&T, use of CMM, and optical comparator.
- Knowledge of cutting tool capabilities (speeds/feeds, types, insert grades, etc. based on material and size).
- Must be proficient in G & M codes, creating and editing CNC programs on lathes and mills, and setting up complex parts.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Train Level I and II machinists as directed.
- Monitor operations and quickly react and troubleshoot non-conforming operations as they occur.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to bend, squat, sit, stand, walk, and handle objects. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull and reach above shoulder level. The employee must be able to carry/lift up to 40 pounds and be able to rotate item being handled.
- Work on feet for entire shift.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks quickly and methodically.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word).
- Working knowledge of CNC machine code and ability to change off sets.
- Must be able to set up proven jobs in established time.
- Must hold a Designated Quality Inspection (DQI) authority or have the prerequisite skills (drawing comprehension, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and inspection methodology) to become qualified within 6 months of hire.
- Experience designing and creating tooling based on part geometry.
- Experience with spherical surfaces and threads and able to make machine adjustments to ensure parts meet specification.
- Some conventional machining experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- College Course work preferred.
- Master Cam preferred.
- Preferred ability to set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- Experience machining titanium and thin-walled aluminum parts.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT, Nate Hamann, Technical Recruiter
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.