825 W. Beechcraft Street Casa Grande, AZ 85122 US
Job Title: MIG Welder
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Reports/submits all labor/production forms to the Department Shift Supervisor; and is responsible for welding/fabricating metal parts to print within tolerance, using blue prints and specified MIG welding processes. Welder will produce consistent, strong, penetrated welds that are smooth, and non-porous in mild steel and stainless steel. The material will range mostly in thickness from 11 gauge through 7 gauge, but not limited to that material. Maintains/produces a level of output that will meet or exceed minimum daily production requirements, is eager to help and displays a positive attitude when asked to help with other duties to keep busy on days where orders for production are slow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES include the following:
- Must be able to weld stainless steel and carbon steel.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Must be able to read a tape measure, and understand metric and imperial dimensions.
- Must be willing to learn and perform other metal shop processes such as band saws, chop saw, pressbrake, hydraulic “C” frame press, shears, bench grinder, tumblers, plasma cutter, vertical mill, and bead blasting.
- Follow planned welding sequences and set current and voltage as required for the project.
- Regulate current and voltage for proper penetration and fusion.
- Align parts to hold tolerances and secure welds of maximum strength with minimum distortion.
- Use electric welding equipment, micrometers, squares, clamps, fixtures and hand tools such as grinders and drills.
- Uses MIG welder to assemble fabricated metal products in an efficient manner to maximize production.
- Operates the equipment in a safe manner and reports hazards associated with the equipment or its operators to the Supervisor, Safety Representative, and Maintenance Department.
- Produces strong penetrated welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent.
- Follows required procedures and uses appropriate jigs and fixtures to assist in the welding/assembly process.
- Cleans and maintains an orderly work area that falls in line and passes 5S inspections.
- Communicates effectively with other workers to direct personal workflow.
- Assist other areas/individuals in when needed, and maintains a positive attitude while doing the tasks.
- Ability to weld vertical, flat, and overhead welds with good penetration and a quality.
- Identify parts as to count them for inventory purposes.
- Responsible for wearing and using all personal protection equipment provided by the company and as required by the job/area.
- Responsible for filling out, and turning in all required production documents on a daily basis.
- Able to work different shifts and overtime as needed, including Saturdays.
- Able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures, including safety and quality.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree OR completion of related apprenticeship program preferred.
- At least one year of related experience required.
- Completion of on-the-job training may be substituted for educational requirements.