JOURNEYMAN SHIPYARD MACHINIST
Sam Diego, CA 92101
JOURNEYMAN SHIPYARD MACHINIST - INSIDE MANUAL/CONVENTIONAL MACHINIST
This position is responsible for performing a variety of assembly and machining processes in a shop environment. This is a highly skilled position responsible for carrying out repairs, modifications, and manufacturing new parts as it relates to ship repair and modernization. Work includes small and large assembly, machining of steel, alloys and ship assemblies to blueprint specifications using conventional lathes, mills, VTL' s, HBM' s, grinders, as well as programmable machines.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE INSIDE MANUAL/CONVENTIONAL MACHINIST
-The Inside Machinists are responsible for precision layouts and using measuring and mathematics skills to calculate dimensions and tolerances.
-The position is also responsible for disassembling, assembling, testing and inspecting components for function and precision to ensure proper performance.
-Familiarity with ship repair terminology and compartment location is desirable.
-Write informative and coherent condition reports in accordance with NAVSEA Standard Item 009-01or other regulatory body standard specifications.
-Provide quality work and Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) as required by the work specifications or assigned by the supervisor.
-Implement Lock-out Tag-out for work being performed.
-Lift/push/pull 50 lbs to 100 lbs on an occasional basis (0-33% of the day).
-Lift/push/pull up to 20 lbs on a frequent basis (34-66% of the day).
REQUIREMENTS OF THE SHIPYARD INSIDE MANUEL/CONVENTIONAL MACHINIST
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must have general understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment(PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must be able to write comprehensive Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the parts and assemblies being worked and recommendations for repair.
5. Must be able to work from Process Control Procedures (PCP).
6. Must be able to use precision measurement tools.
7. Must be able to use conventional (manual) lathes, mills, VTL, HBMs, and grinders.
8. Must be able to use programmable machines.
9. Must be able to interpret drawings, sketches, tech manuals, and user manuals to the extent necessary to repair equipment or manufacture parts.
10. Must understand applicable NAVSEA standard items.
11. Must be able to accomplish onboard valve repairs.
12. Must have an understanding of Lock-out / Tag-out procedures.
13. Must be able to set up and machine onboard.
14. Must be able to use optics and Theodolite equipment, for in-place line boring.
15. Must be able to line bore holding tight tolerances.
16. Must be able to provide direction to Improvers and Helpers
7. Must understand the proper and safe use and operation of the hand and power tools required to accomplish the work.
18. Must have highly developed Math skills. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system and the metric system.
19. Six (6) years of inside machinist experience. Some experience in the ship repair environment is highly desirable.
20. Must have conventional machining experience.
21. Experience with conventional lathe is required.
At NSC Technologies our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
Long Term Opportunities
Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Training and Career Growth Opportunities
The chance to be a part of an amazing team
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT A RECRUITER AT 619-795-4350
NSC will provide OSHA 10 Maritime training to all eligible employees.
****We offer Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees****
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D