Start Your Search With NSC
We re Looking for Skilled, Dedicated Workers. Join Us!
NSC matches you with great job opportunities in marine construction and repair, light industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, commercial construction, skilled trades, engineering, professional, technical, and other in-demand fields.
5675 W Burlingame Rd. , USE SPREADSHEET FOR FEEDBACK Tucson, AZ 85743 US
Job Title: Inspector III – Contract to hire
Salary: $21.58-$32.38 per hour
Inspects and reports on materials, processes and products using variable or attribute measuring instruments and techniques to assure conformance with the Sargent quality standards. Develops Inspection plans, Mentors and provides training for other inspectors as directed.
- Promote Safety to all team members, Customers and Suppliers.
- Perform, in-process and final inspections on complex machined parts and detailed final assemblies.
- Perform receiving inspection on incoming product.
- Proficient in dimensional inspection using all inspection tools to include optical comparators.
- Is proficient in the use of CMM's and Vision Systems to include limited programming.
- Interpret drawings, certifications and military/industry specifications. The ability to apply GD&T.
- Create and complete first articles to AS9102.
- Trains and mentors less experienced inspectors.
- Performs Supplier Source Inspection as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in an ISO9001/AS9100 manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated mechanical inspection background.
- Advanced measurement skills using micrometers, calipers, height gages, bore gages and optical comparators.
- Minimum 3 years' experience operating CMM's.
- Advanced GD&T understanding.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Must possess basic math skills and have good reading comprehension.
- Basic computer skills.
- Proficient with applicable computer programs, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be able to make decisions, communicate effectively and work with others.
- Must be a team player, self-starter, problem solver and adaptable.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- An AS degree in Applied Technology with Quality Assurance or other applicable technical discipline.
- 8 years of Quality Assurance experience in and ISO9001/AS9100 manufacturing environment.
- ASQ Certified Quality Inspector.
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.