Newport News, VA 23607
1. Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests complex electrical circuits, cables, equipment, and appliances.
2. Uses hand tools and testing equipment.
3. Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
4. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using general and specialized testing equipment.
5. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
6. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
7. Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
8. Works from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced team members.
10. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires an Associate' s Degree or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related electrical experience.
Must obtain a DBIDS Badge prior to starting work
Must be able to obtain access to Huntington Ingalls Industries (Newport News Shipyard)
Must be an US citizen.