Electrical Supervisor II
4201 West Pima Mine Road Sahuarita, AZ 85629 US
Salary: up to $43.00 per hour - Direct Hire
Plan, direct and supervise the work of the Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance staff in maintaining a wide variety of electrical, controls, motors and instrumentation equipment throughout the Mining and Milling operations and support facilities. Effectively maintain the plant electrical systems to consistently support budgeted production goals and operations.
- Provide direction and supervision of department maintenance personnel; inspect and review the work of subordinates.
- Develop, prioritize and implement both scheduled and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Coordinate and emphasize a preventive maintenance program; including order supplies and necessary materials.
- Monitor and ensure safe work practices and safety compliance within department personnel; develop safe work practices and procedures; emphasize and promote an attitude of safe and proper work practices within the department.
- Communicate with production and other maintenance department supervision on a daily basis to effectively prioritize tasks and provide feedback on work requirements and progress.
- Provide technical skills and knowledge to assist in timely and competent troubleshooting and repairs to equipment.
- Instruct and oversee training and development of junior level electricians to journey level.
- Perform safety and environmental inspections and maintain records as required for regulating agencies and company policies.
- Coordinate and oversee new installation and project work; including developing and ordering necessary supplies, materials and equipment.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling department budget costs, electrical repairs and maintenance costs within the operating budgets.
- Coordinate and oversee onsite contractors in performance of maintenance work and projects.
- Responsible for executing, supporting, and enforcing the Company's Environmental, Health and Safety program as required by OIS policy, directives, and principles.
- Ability to effectively supervise and direct journey level electricians and instrument technicians in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of safe electrical work practices and procedures.
- Ability to operate electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Capability to logically diagnose electrical problems and perform troubleshooting with sound, effective methodology.
- Ability to diagnose problems and troubleshoot PLC based electrical controls.
- Knowledge of electrical protective relaying applications and maintenance.
- Ability to provide effective oral and written communications.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Windows, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel.
- Five years’ experience as a front-line electrical supervisor within the mining industry or other heavy industry.
- Demonstrated performance and experience as a journey level electrician in the mining industry or other heavy industry.
- Experienced with safely operating and maintaining power distribution circuits and equipment through 13.8kV and medium voltage motor control.
- Formal training and first-hand experience in programming and maintenance of industrial PLC’s, preferably Allen-Bradley.
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or vocational/technical school in an electrical technical field is desirable, but not required.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT, Tom Cassell, Recruiter
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.