3749 North Romero Road Tucson, AZ 85705 US
The Contract Specialist reports to the Export Control and Contract Compliance Manager. The Contract Specialist is responsible for the ongoing management of all in-house government and commercial contracts and agreements and ensures that the Company is compliant on all terms and conditions. The Contract Specialist interacts with people in all levels of the organization, as well as individuals outside the organization, therefore excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, are required. The position requires an individual with strong organizational skills who is accurate, timely, and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and follow-through tasks with minimal supervision.
- Manage non-technical terms and conditions.
- Draft and negotiate Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Proprietary Information Agreements (PIAs) and other contractual documents.
- Negotiate contractual terms and conditions with minimal assistance.
- Maintain accurate electronic files for contractual documents.
- Develop and maintain a current Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) / Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) internal reference database.
- Manage System for Award Management (SAM) and other Government portals, as required.
- Conduct and document customer credit analysis.
- Provide internal training on contractual matters.
- Document and maintain vendor Cybersecurity certifications required by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), FAR, DFAR and other applicable regulations.
- Provide contractual review and input for Quotations.
- Cross-Train within Contract Department to proficiency, and within other departments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in Government and Commercial contract administration.
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFAR and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
- Experience with US Government and other customer web portals desirable, including the Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) and Wide Area Workflow (WAWF).
- Experience in the administration of federal government contracts, subcontracts, and commercial contracts.