8500 S. Rita Road Tucson, AZ 85747 US
Job Title: CAD Designer – Hollywood, CA
Salary: up to 90k per year
Client is seeking an experienced CAD Designer to join our Eyewear development and manufacturing team. In this role, you will generate 3D geometry for detailed products and tooling, 2D drawings and other manufacturing / quality control documents. This role starts where the creative process ends and supports the product development cycle all the way into serial manufacturing. This role integrates expertise in product development, manufacturing processes, tooling, document generation and control. This work is primarily done on a 3D CAD platform.
- Produce detailed 3D geometry, documents and 2Ddrawings based on input from cross-functional teams including product engineering, process development, CAM, manufacturing, and QC.
- Design finished products, tooling, fixtures, and comprehensive technical documentation packages to facilitate manufacturing and quality control.
- Play an integral role in the team developing new or adapted manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Apply expertise in material and process tolerances to design moving parts and complex assemblies.
- Acquire proficiency in material properties for precious metals, plastics, wood, tool steel, aluminum, and 3D-printed materials to design components, complete assemblies, and process tooling.
- Adapt insights from existing manufacturing processes, product designs and materials to shape future development projects.
- Must have ability to articulate and understand complex concepts visually, verbally and in written form.
- Ability to process information from many sources, in different formats, to build a complete design package used to interface with manufacturing and suppliers.
- Ability to organize and store information in digital format.
- Familiarity with rapid prototype CNC manufacturing processes is advantageous.
- Stay abreast of current and historical design trends within the company.
- Interface with the data management system a plus.
- Inspect physical parts against the 3D model, generating reports on deviations and collaborating within a team to rectify issues and enhance processes.
- Over 4 years of 3D modeling experience in an industrial environment with direct contact to the manufacturing team.
- Familiarity with Rhino 7 software is an advantage; training in this area is provided.
- Experience in tooling design.
- Knowledge of CNC machining processes, software, and tools is a plus.
- Ability to design for manufacturability and aesthetics.
- Proficient in developing manufacturing documents: BOMs, assembly drawings, basic schedules, and costing.
- Proficiency in conceptualizing and refining ideas through group brainstorming sessions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with 3D printing is advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to work well with others and have excellent communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail. Adept to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve. Proven ability to work independently with limited direction and highly motivated.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
At STAFFMATTERS our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
STAFFMATTERS is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified administrative, light industrial, skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
STAFFMATTERS is a drug free company. STAFFMATTERS is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.