C7/C12/C14 Certified Painter
1600 Ely Street Marinette, WI 54143 US
Painter-SSPC CERTIFIED - C-7, C-12, C-14 is responsible for performing the cleaning and preparation of surfaces, including metal and fiberglass surfaces free of grease, dirt, scale, rust, and old contaminants; and applying specialty coatings and paint in accordance with drawing instructions and MIL and SSPC Standards. Surfaces include parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors of ships, and boats. Uses conventional spray, airless, thermal spray and other specialty coating applications using spray guns, blasters, brushes and rollers. Work is accomplished in all phases of ship construction and modernization of maritime vessels including US Naval Vessels, Military Sealift Command, and commercial ships and barges.
Education and Experience:
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) of marine painting experience SSPC certifications C-7, C-12, and/or C-14 required.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of ship terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
- Must have a through working knowledge of marine coating applications and surface preparation for various surfaces; various types of spray painting machines and blasting Must have comprehensive understanding of the coatings preservation processes in accordance with SSPC certifications C-7, C-12, and/or C-14.
- Must be able to apply coatings with a brush, roller, or spray abrasive blasting and spray painting with either conventional or airless equipment with ability to trouble shoot abrasive blast or paint equipment.
- Mix preservation material in accordance with material data sheets; masking and taping necessary areas to protect property from collateral damage; inspecting preserved areas: and performing touch up work as needed.
- Apply primers and finish coats.
- Estimate the quantity and type of coating needed, and the required amount of labor for each task.
- Must have experience using hand and power tools associated with the trade in a safe Must be able to scrape, sand, and needle gun surface to remove old paint and rust.
- Must be able to work in tight confined areas.
- Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, leather steel toe boots, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a U.S. person.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work in confined and enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Must be available to work all 3 shifts, and weekends, as required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
For Immediate Consideration Please Email Your Resume To: firstname.lastname@example.org, call 920-432-5400 or apply online at superior-rg.com.
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
• Competitive pay
• Medical Coverage
• Referral bonus
• Identity Theft Protection
• Legal Assistance
NSC has been finding good jobs for engineering and technical candidates for over 3 decades! We are a premier service provider that appreciates the people who choose to work "through us". We attract top notch candidates by offering favorable employment experiences.
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D.