1C Sheet Metal Mechanic
920 West Marine Drive Everett, WA 98201 US
ULGStaffing a subsidiary of NSC has immediate openings for Sheet Metal Mechanics in Bremerton WA.
Pay: $25/HR + $166 PER DIEM
The Mechanics are responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safely, with the highest quality, in a professional manner.
Essential Functions May Include:
· Assure that tank/ compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met.
· Assure that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written.
· Assure that a Work Authorization Form (WAF) ticket is on the job site and that it is for the specific job being accomplished, no work will be accomplished without a WAF posted at location of repairs.
· Assure that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work-related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc.)
· Assure that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do.
· Assure that you and personnel working under your direction are working as safely and as productively as possible, always maintaining quality control.
· Assure that the job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
· Must have the basic understanding of mechanical drawings, layout, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products related to Shipboard construction HVAC and Habitability
· Must have the knowledge of the various types of metals and sizes.
· Must have the ability to assist in the assemble of ventilation runs in accordance with drawings, spec’s and meet Navy shipboard standard detail requirements.
· Must have a basic knowledge of Habitability layout and installation of MJB, MJ doors, Berthing’s, Galley’s, and Office outfitting. This is to be accomplished with supervisor guidance
· A minimum of 3 years experience
· Must be able to gain access to government facilities and obtain a security clearance
· Must have reliable transportation
· Works well with others
· Must be able to work aboard vessels, climb ladders, work in tanks and confined spaces
· Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment
· Able to work evening and weekend hours
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds
· Must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship to enter shipyard
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 425.412.4227
At ULG our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
· Medical Coverage
· Short- and long-term disability coverage
· Identity Theft Protection
· Legal Assistance
· Long Term Opportunities
· Training and Career Growth Opportunities
· The chance to be a part of an amazing team
ULG is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
ULG is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
All qualified candidates including veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.