Vidor, TX 77662
***2nd Shift 5: 00 PM- 2: 00 AM Monday - Saturday***
Responsibilities of the Welder:
- Utilize jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics or work orders and use manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials;
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and performs minor maintenance to equipment;
- Apply appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics and sketches using manual, automatic welding and/or semi-automatic welding equipment;
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools;
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications. Observe all standard safety practices and maintains and completes all required records;
- Follow all safety rules and practices;
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be a team player
- 2 5+ years of related weld experience
- Must be competent with the use of basic hand tools including a tape measure
- Must pass our level 3 assessment, including welding torch.
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D