Shipyard Electrician Helper
San Diego, CA 92101
Location: San Diego, CA.
Responsibilities of the ELECTRICIAN HELPER include:
- Must be familiar with 110v/220v/440v electrical power, ventilation blowers, and associated ducting.
- LP air and various gases for hot work trades
- Using basic hand and power tools including wire crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, grinders, utility knives
- Running cables, lines and leads, terminations, harnessing aboard Naval vessels
- Ability to follow detailed instructions from Journeyman Electricians and work independently to complete tasks
- Reading basic blueprints, schematics, and drawings
- Have excellent manual dexterity to be able to tighten various size couplings, connectors, tie basic knots and other tasks, as assigned, either by hand or using various size small hand tools.
- Minimum 1 year experience working as an electrician helper or cable puller
- Experience aboard a ship or in shipyard environment a plus
- Must be available for both 1st and 2nd shift
- Must be able to wear a respirator and work in confined spaces aboard ships as needed
- Must have own tools
- *** Employment is contingent upon the ability to obtain a DOD DBIDS Clearance ***
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT A RECRUITER AT 619-795-4350: