Honolulu, HI 96820
Location: Honolulu, HI Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
Responsibilities of the PAINTER HELPER
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SHIP REPAIR PAINTER HELPER
- Able to set up, operate, and maintain industrial paint spraying equipment, airless painting equipment, and sandblasting equipment in accordance with OSHA, federal, state and local standards and requirements for shipyard work.
- Ability to apply and remove various paint coatings on ships and non-nuclear components, interior/exterior surfaces,
- Ability to prepare non-nuclear material for preservation by abrasive blasting, including shipboard blasting of hulls, tanks and superstructures and shop blasting of ship components and other items in accordance with NAVSEA Standard Item (009-32).
- Ability to brush and Roll, Setup Containments, operate tools such as needle guns and chippers to chip paint and prepare surfaces
REQUIREMENTS OF THE SHIPYARD PAINTER HELPER
- 1+ years of direct experience as a shipyard/marine Painter. Commercial or industrial experience may be considered
- Ability to obtain and maintain DBIDS Naval Base Access Pass
- Capable of planning work tasks and gathering materials required to complete tasks
- Coordinates work sequences with other craft disciplines, possesses solid oral and written communication skills
- Operates in a safe and efficient manner on the job site, abides by company HS&E requirements and standards
- Ability to manually lift up to 50 lbs. Sitting, standing and bending required- including working at various heights and in confined spaces
- Reports to work on time daily; willing to work overtime when requested
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 808-379-3430
OR EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: MARISELLA.RODRIGUEZ@NSC-TECH.COM
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D .