Non CDL Delivery Driver
New Baltimore, VA 20187
This is a DIRECT HIRE position! Great Opportunity with a Great Company!
Pay Rate: $16.83-$19.59 per hour, AM Shift, Monday-Friday
The primary function of the Non CDL Delivery Driver is to deliver and remove equipment and supplies to and from the customer worksite in a vehicle that has a gross weight of less than 26, 000 pounds.
- Deliver and recover equipment at the customer site, which may include; but is not limited to:
- Loading, unloading and securing the equipment.
- Local or long distance hauling of equipment and supplies.
- Perform basic troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment at jobsite and make minor repairs.
- Perform daily commercial vehicle inspection with completion of necessary repairs to vehicle to ensure operational safety.
- Learn and demonstrate Customer Service Standards for delivery service.
- Accurately obtain require signatures on rental contracts, pick up and exchange forms.
- Demonstration of proper equipment usage to customer at point of delivery.
- Perform other duties assigned as by the manager or authorized personnel.
- Complete inspection reports for out-going and returned equipment; completing log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. And company record keeping requirements.
- Valid Driver s License
- 2 years or more experience
- DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT guidelines.
- Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Exhibit safe driving behavior / record instead of quality level record and maintain a Sunbelt quality level driving record.
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness on the roadways
- Exhibit professional defensive driving techniques to protect internal equipment and other drivers
- Possess a Can Do attitude and be willing to do what is necessary to exceed customer expectation.
- Knowledge of delivery area, safety requirements for equipment handling and transport a plus.
Have questions call 478 461 5275
NSC TECHNOLOGIES Good Place to Work!
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
At NSC Technologies our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Competitive pay
- Medical Coverage
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHO/D.