Newport News, VA 23602
Hourly Pay: $20 per hour. Work week: Monday-Friday 8-5pm. Weekly Pay!
Responsibilities of the Accountant
- Manages the financial and accounting operations of the organization.
- General areas of responsibility include managing accounting systems and conducting financial audits; preparing collecting and analyzing financial information for decision support; managing the organization taxation affairs; evaluating risk and managing insurance; and preparing budgets, reports, forecasts and statutory returns.
- Positions in accounting are responsible for the general financial accounting activities of the organization. Prepare and/review the reconciliation of accounts, post journal entries and maintain a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with accounting principles and reporting schedules so that the organization has a full accurate statement of its financial position.
- Participate in scheduled accounting cycles and adhere to associated deadlines (e.G. Month-end, year-end ect.) Analyze actual versus standard costs, identify items that seems contrary to past experience and prepare reports of variances and conduct simple cost audits.
Requirements of the Accountant
- Check and analyze financial information and prepare more complex financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions.
- Provide technical accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets understand financial reports and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Review financial reports and accounting statements to ensure their accuracy. Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, financial statements, forecasts, budgets or report required/requested by regulatory agencies, consultants, auditors or other external partners.
- Assist management in developing and implementing accounting policies and operations of accounting systems.
- Perform financial reporting accounting billing, collections, and payroll and budgeting duties.
NSC TECHNOLOGIES CARES!
At NSC Technologies our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Competitive pay
- Medical Coverage
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
Please reply to this ad by submitting your Resume to Carole
Have questions? Call 325-513-6020
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHO/D.