Welders and Welder/Shipfitter Combo
Welder/Fitter Combo Job Description:
Welds metal components together with brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate and other duties as assigned.
Welder/Fitter Essential Functions:
- Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Locates and repairs cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads.
Welder/Fitter Additional Responsibilities:
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
2 years experience in stick and dual shield ship repair and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
STICK/Dual Shield 2G, 3G and 4G positions
Welder/Fitter Special Training/Skills:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to understand English, and utilize teamwork skills. The employee is frequently required to speak English, and use decision making skills. The employee is occasionally required to use interpersonal, customer service, mentoring, problem analysis, training and supervision skills. The employee will be occasionally required to read and write English, perform basic math, exercise independent judgment, and use discretion.
WELD TESTING WILL BE PERFORMED!
*COMPETITIVE hourly Plus OT
*Local & Non Local Pay Rates
*Travel & Lodging Assistance Available
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.