Welder - Welder Fitter Combo's
Welds metal components together with brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate and other duties as assigned.
- Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Locates and repairs cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads.
- Able to read and understand blue prints.
Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
2 years experience in stick and dual shield ship repair and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
STICK/Dual Shield 2G, 3G and 4G positions
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
WELD TESTING WILL BE PERFORMED BEFORE STARTING WITH COMPANY!
- COMPETITIVE hourly Plus OT
- Local & Non Local Pay rates
- Travel & Lodging Assistance Available
Apply now at: WWW.NSC-TECH.COM
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
**NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees*
Visit us at www.Nsc-tech.Com for additional job opportunities.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D