Ship Yard Electricians
San Diego, CA
NSC Technologies is currently hiring MARINE ELECTRICIANS for Ship Repair work in San Diego, CA.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MARINE ELECTRICIAN:
- Electricians must have a minimum 3-5+yr of marine electrical experience.
- Must be familiar with the following characteristics: voltage, current, resistance, and power of circuits less than 600 V.A.C.
- Accountable for completion of daily work assignments.
- Works under limited supervision and follows detailed instructions.
- Monitors working environment for compliance with quality, safety, environmental and health regulations.
- Good working knowledge of various tools and test equipment used for installation, maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of electrical systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to interpret and work from owner supplied drawings, job specifications, instruction manuals, manufacturer' s handbooks, change order, and contract specifications.
- Read, interpret and work from electrical wiring and circuit diagram found in equipment instruction books.
- Operate standard test equipment used in servicing electrical and electronics equipment. Knowledge of basic electrical circuits, wiring and cables.
- Ability to troubleshoot service equipment, motors, open circuits and lighting circuits. Must be familiar with everyday electrical safety procedures and how to apply.
- Demonstrate proper use of basic power tools. Ability to work any assigned shift and ability to work assigned overtime.
- Must comply with Company safety rules and OSHA standards.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment as prescribed under OSHA standards.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of various tools and test equipment used for installation, maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of electrical systems.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE MARINE ELECTRICIAN:
- Must be able to pass hands on and written assessments
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD contractor badge.
- Must be flexible to working all shifts (1 st & 2 nd )
- Must have basic electrician tools, shop machinery, hand and power tools knowledge.
- Must have own tools Physical Requirements: Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces and have the ability to climb staircases and ladders of varying sizes with limited visibility.
- Must be able to continuously stand, frequently work with arms extended at shoulder level and reaching above shoulder height.
- Per Diem for Non-Locals
NSC Technologies offers
- Competitive pay
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Long term job opportunities
- Referral bonus if you qualify
- OSHA Training
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 619-795-4350
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D