SR QA Coatings Inspector
Salary: $55, 000.00 to $75, 000.00 /year DOE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PURPOSE
Primary purpose of the position is to act as the Senior Quality Assurance Coatings Inspector for assigned ship availability or multiple availabilities. Work closely with the Project Management team to ensure the contracted QA coatings requirements are meet. Develop and maintain a preservation coatings QA plan for assigned availability that incorporates all QA requirements based one the approved Work Specification, NAVSEA Standard items, Technical drawings, and other contractual documentation. Work with the QA Project Lead for Ship Repair to ensure all coatings QA requirements a captured in the TIP. Provide project support for Work Certification. Schedule, coordinates, and supervises the efforts of (2 to 5) QA inspectors assigned to his or her project, to perform and document critical and non-critical coating inspections, (I) (V) and (G) check points and other inspections at key points and milestones in the work process ensuring it meets all required criteria established by NAVSEA Standard Items, Work Specifications, Work Packages, process procedures, or other technical documentation. May be assigned as the primary back up for the Coatings QCS Shipyard Project Manager.
Typically has 8 or more years of experience in the Quality Assurance field. Shall be certified in accordance with the SSPC PCI Level 2 or NACE International Coatings Inspector Program (CIP) Level 2 or higher. Shall be certified as SSPC Quality Control Specialist (QCS) or equivalent. If not certified, must be able to take and pass the SSPC Quality Control Specialist course, made available through the company.
POSITION DEMANDS (Required Experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as a Coatings Quality Control inspector equivalent to SSPC PCI Level 2 or NACE CIP
- Proven ability to establish department goals aligned with company goals to provide excellence in customer
- Performs duties of the Quality Control Supervisor (QCS) lAW SSPC regulations for each assigned coatings availability
- Able to set, self-calibrate and use assigned testing, inspection and NOT
- Capable of independent, complex analysis, concept formulation and new method ide
- Skilled in blueprint reading, precision instrument utilization, and technical manual
- Supervise (2 to 5) assigned Quality Control Inspectors in daily duties and responsibilities, and give inputs and recommendations on disciplinary actions and feedback for appraisals.
- Serve as the departments/company' s representative when conducting audit, attending meetings, and witnessing test/inspections,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as, Word, Excel, Power Experience with other programs such as: Access, and Project.
- Complex problem solving Able to use basic Lean and Six Sigma principles to provide recommended solutions to identified or perceived problems.
- Serve as a point of contact for
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluating methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of coatings
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, resourcefulness, and good judgment in dealing with internal and external customers
Reports directly to Senior Quality Assurance Supervisor, and directly supervises the efforts of the Coatings Quality Control Inspectors. Serves as a prime point of contact for client. Direct liaison with Government QA Supervisors, Shipbuilding Specialists, and Subcontractor QA Supervisors. Maintains internal contact with Production Department Managers, Program Managers, Superintendents, Safety, and Engineering. Work with Project Management to ensure the OQE support project key events and milestones. Addresses Non-Conformance issues with Production Shop Leads to correct and prevent future reoccurrences.
- Assembles a Preservation/Coatings QA plan consisting of Coatings Application Product Summary (CAP) Sheet and
- NAVSEA Appendices based on requirements from Work Specs, NAVSEA Standard Item 009-32, Drawings, Product Summary Sheets, and NAVSEA F718s and any other contracted guidance documents for the assigned availability.
- Review all Work Specification items, drawings, technical manuals, NAVSEA Standard Items or other contract documentation to ensure all Testing and Inspection requirements are captured with in the TIP.
- Review all CFR and RCC for testing and inspection requirements to ensure the TIP is property maintained.
- As a QCS review all inspection and testing OQE documentation from the assigned QA inspectors prior to accepting in the Ensure the documentation is property filled out and captures the required OQE lAW NAVSEA Standard Items or other contract requirements.
- Review Preservation Work Packages to ensure the Project Management team is maintaining required records and following all procedural Review completed work packages for process adherence.
- Continuously inspect work in progress in order to guarantee compliance with NAVSEA Standard Items, Work Specifications, Drawings, and contract requirements.
- Conducts, coordinated and supervises the (2-5) assignment at UA inspectors to ensure all inspections are accomplished and the results are documented as required by inspection criteria, NAVSEA Standard Items, and all technical documentation, while ensuring the most effective utilization of available resour
- Performs and documents critical and non-critical coatings
- Verifies the completeness and accuracy of quality records for his or her project and coordinates the formulation, distribution, and completion of the Test and Inspection Plan for each availability.
- Helps to resolve daily questions and issues identified by government QA Supervisors and Shipbuilding
- De-conflict inspection and testing schedules under your assigned
- Reschedule unacceptable/unsatisfactory inspections within the TIP. Ensure the Production and Project Team are aware of the unacceptable inspection or
- Complete closeout reviews of the assigned ship availability to ensure all OQE is captured in the TIP and there are no outstanding items.
- Manage the QA hours for your assigned availability or
- Conduct Process Audit and Surveillances as assigned. Review Process Audits or Surveillance of assigned Inspectors prior to submitting to upper QA Ensure all unsat conditions are captured with in the CAR program.
- Document Non-Compliances related to process failures with in the CAR
- Document Non-Conformance related to product failures in the NCR program unless the cause of the product failure was caused by a process failure.
- Conduct NCR and CAR closeout Audit/Surveillances as assigned.
- Performs and reports work in process surveillances/monitoring to QA Management to provide an overview of adherence to work specifications and the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
- Formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the quality assurance and regulatory functions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Preservation Quality Control Specialist Ship Yard Manager, or QA Management
Inaccurate decisions, errors in work and information may put the fiscal position of the organization at risk and damage Company' s reputation.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT ISSUE
Cell phone (laptop or desktop)- Basic User, Microsoft Office, EPO, miscellaneous Q.A. Gauges and associated software for conducting inspections and downloading readings, hard hat, and eye protection.
Able to obtain a secret clearance, a DoD Regional Contractor Badge and meet the requirements for access to U.S. Navy/ U.S. Coast Guard bases and Shipyard Controlled Industrial Areas is preferred.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT MICHAEL BANGS AT: 360-932-3951
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME VIA INDEED OR FAX TO: 360-627-9516
** NSC will provide OSHA 10 Maritime training to all eligible employees **
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
**NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees*
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. Each applicant will be required to pass a drug screen.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full-time