Rigger 1st Class
Newport News, VA
Candidates must have 2-5 years experience in heavy rigging and be able to work onboard ship doing heavy lifting, climbing, bending and be able to work in confined spaces.
1. Proper use and care of chain hoists (1 ton to 40 tons) to rig steel piping and machinery where cranes are not available.
2. Knowledge of the proper use of wire rope lashing to rig where lifting pads are not
installed or available.
3. Knowledge of weight calculations, center of gravity and how to apply rigging gear (chain hoists, shackles, and wire ropes) to safely rig and move loads.
4. Knowledge of rigging knots, splicing of rope and wire rope reeving and seizing.
5. Experience in rigging loads from a crane hook to other rigging points inside a structure or building.
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Travel assistance
- Sign on bonus if applicable
- Lodging assistance if applicable
NSC Technologies offers
- Competitive pay
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Long term job opportunities
- Referral bonus if you qualify
- OSHA Training
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR RESUME TO THIS AD OR
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: BARRY.DUNBAR @NSC-TECH.COM
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com and feel free to fill out an application today!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D