Pipefitter 1st Class
Pip efitters are responsible for building, testing and commissioning piping systems. Must have 3-5 years verifiable exp. As a pipefitter welding stainless steel, fitting, cutting, bending and welding pipe systems. Pipe systems are, engine cooling, bilge/ballast, fire main, hydraulic, fresh water, flushing water, sewage, fuel oil supply, fuel oil transfer, and lube oil systems just to name a few.
- Forms, fits, and fabricates metal and nonmetallic piping systems
- Responsible for layout, cut, preparation, and final assembly of piping systems
- Test piping systems for quality assurance
- Uses a variety of power and hand tools including pipe wrenches, union wrenches, threading machines, tube and pipe benders, etc.
- Works from blue prints both in standard and metric to build complex piping systems, spools and foundations for piping system packages.
- Tacks and minor welding with MIG and Arc Welding processes for tacking piping systems together and welding up hangers.
- Uses various metal forming equipment such as sheers, band saws, rollers, presses, etc.
- Works with Oxygen/Propane cutting torches as well as plasma cutters to cut pipe and plate in steel, aluminum, and stainless steel. Knowledge of shipyard safety practices, vessel terminology and use of scissor and boom lifts.
- Responsible for safe work practices and housekeeping procedures.
- Work as a member of a team demonstrating skills to adapt, interpret and problem solve.
- Responsible for expressing ideas concisely and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Work 8-12 hours
- Working on hard and uneven surfaces
- Working in confined and awkward spaces
- Ability to wear a respirator
- Able to understand and perform basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Team Player
- 3+ Years experience as a Pipefitter (for Journeyman Applicants Only)
- Construction or Shipyard experience a plus for entry level applicants
- Experience in aluminum and steel fabrication a plus
MUST PASS DRUG SCREEN AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
**Please submit resumes to Melissa.Guarino@nsc-tech.Com***
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
** NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees *
Visit us at www.Nsc-tech.Com for additional job opportunities.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D