Shipyard Outside Machinist
National City, CA
San Diego, CA
Journeyman Outside Machinist Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of Outside Machinist experience in order to qualify. Ship repair experience preferred.
Outside Machinists Will Be Responsible for:
- Removal, installation, operation of controllable pitch propeller and associated equipment, and shafting.
- Removal, installation, alignments and operation of main and auxiliary shipboard equipment, (MRG' s, pump' s, hydraulic, steam equipment, valves etc.)
- Ability to overhaul and test pumps, valves, Steam Equipment, Diesel Equipment
-Ability to read and accomplish EPCP' s, PCP' s, tech manuals, blue prints, drawings.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to write " as found" condition reports
- Electrical knowledge is a plus but not mandatory.
C andidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be able to pass Journeyman-level Outside Machinist Written Test
2. Must have own set of tools
3. Must be available to work on both 1st and 2nd shifts
4. Must be able to obtain DoD DBIDS clearance to work on Naval bases
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
**NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees*NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D