- 3 to 5 years exp. Working on repair or new construction on navy vessels or barges or ferry boats .
- Outfitting the wire ways, laying out wire ways and installing cable trays
- Prefer the electricians have the ability to tack weld to initially install the hangers. For the tack welding, they will use either MIG welding or stud guns.
- Repair or replace wiring equipment or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Examine electrical system of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, like ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to confirm compatibility and safety of system.
- Use different types of tools or equipment, like power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, like oscilloscopes, ammeters, or check lamps
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to put in, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures
- Diagnose faulty systems, apparatus, or parts, using equipment and hand tools to find the reason for a breakdown and correct the problem
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or parts to spot hazards, defects, or the necessity for adjustment or repair, and to confirm compliance with codes
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to see the placement of wiring or equipment, and to confirm correspondence to assembling and safety codes
- Place passage pipes, or tubing, within selected partitions, walls, or alternative hidden areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the passage to finish circuits between boxes
- Perform physically difficult tasks, like excavation trenches to put passage or moving or lifting serious metal objects
- Work on the installation of ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, like motors
- Construct and fabricate elements, using hand tools and specifications, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Work on installation, maintenance, repair and replacement of marine electrical (AC/DC) and electronic systems for powerboats and barges, replacement, and installation per drawback designation and repair/replacement recommendation
- Perform routine and annual maintenance of client boats.
- Work 8-10 hours, outside exposed to all weather conditions
- May be required to work above 30 feet in a man lift
- Must be able to life 50lbs
- Working on hard and uneven surfaces
- Working in confined and awkward spaces
- High School Education or equivalent
- Able to understand and perform basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Team Player
- read and understand blue prints and drawings
MUST PASS DRUG SCREEN AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
*COMPETITIVE hourly Plus OT
*Local & Non Local Pay rates
*Travel & Lodging Assistance Available
SEND YOUR RESUME TO: pacnwnsc@nsc-tech.Com
Or call our local office at (360) 932-3951
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
**NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees*
Visit us at www.Nsc-tech.Com for additional job opportunities.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D