Hourly Pay: $26 per hour. Work week: Monday-Friday 8-5pm. Weekly Pay!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools. Included but not limited to: manual lathe, CNC lathe,, radial drill, multi axis machines, OD and surface grinder, CNC mill, press, jig bore, stencil, deburr and standard machine shop equipment.
- Responsible for working from process sheets, engineering drawings/specifications, sketches and written/oral instructions to machine various end product items. Works to extremely close tolerances and inspects work using precision measuring instruments. Completes manufacturing/quality control reports and tag discrepant parts.
- Responsible for independently performing tasks requiring accuracy and mental application in the use of advanced shop mathematics.
- Responsible for suggesting and working with Manufacturing Engineering and others in developing alternate methods and procedures which contribute toward more efficient and economic product manufacturing.
- Responsible for performing work assignments which require accomplishing untried tasks, first run complex machining, method process prove out, etc. In consultation with Manufacturing Engineering or others as required.
- Responsible for making complex setups and accomplish precise alignment of work piece in machine and manufacturing to extremely close tolerances on parts of high complexity, such as gun barrels and other parts, as well as parts of low to medium complexity.
- Responsible for independently performing tasks requiring accuracy and mental application in the use of shop mathematics, GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) and Feeds & Speed calculations.
- Cleans/deburrs parts as conditions permit utilizing machine tools, power tools or hand tools.
- Maintains and returns all equipment such as tooling, jigs, fixtures and gages to the proper storage area.
- Performs routine operator maintenance functions such as daily lubrication, chip removal, and the cleaning of machines, table, surrounding area as required.
- Rigs/loads/unloads parts or equipment from machines utilizing special handling equipment as needed.
- Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
- Train other machinists as required.
- Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation.
- Employees assigned to closed areas may be required to assist with ancillary tasks such as painting, blasting, assembly to ensure product completed.
- Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close shop order sequences when work is complete, etc.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong knowledge of Fanuc and Siemens controls, CNC programming code including G-code, M-code, etc.
- Able to read, interpret, and edit programming as required to mitigate production delays/risks
- Experience and understanding of GD&T application.
- Must have the knowledge and skill to set, use, and read precision layout and measuring instruments.
- Must have the knowledge of, and the ability to apply algebraic, geometric, and trigonometric functions to blueprint dimensions in the machining of products.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret multi-paged complex machining product blueprints.
- Must possess the knowledge, skill, and ability to setup and operate major machine tools.
- Must have the ability, confidence, and self motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgment.
- Assist others in obtaining solutions to quality issues.
- Assist other machinists in complex set-ups and must be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Fanuc, Siemens, KT and G&L controls, CNC programming code including G-code, M-code
High School Diploma
*Employment pending background check
Please reply to this ad by submitting your Resume
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
**NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees*
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States. Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D