- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, fixtures, and devices using hand tools and power tools
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other devices and components
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as multi-meters to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, lifts and roofs to install maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Perform additional duties as assigned.