Launch your career with NSC Technologies. NSC Technologies has an immediate opening for Carpenter/Joiners. The ideal candidate must have 5+ years related trades experience within the shipbuilding industry preferred.
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. We are experts in creating custom staffing solutions that fit the needs of any size business. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success.
Essential Job Functions
Joiners construct and install bulkhead panels, ceilings, flooring and fixtures of PVC laminate, wood, fiberglass, aluminum honeycomb, plywood or wallboard and cuts, shapes and fits parts to form structural bulkheads and fittings. Assembles and installs hardware, gaskets, floors, furnishings, or insulation, using adhesive, hand tools, and power tools. Transfers dimensions or measurements of wood parts or bulkheads on plywood, using measuring instruments and marking devices. Reads blueprints to determine dimensions of furnishings in ships or boats and capable of interpreting drawings and specifications to determine materials required, develop dimensions and installation procedures. Capable of ordering and selecting materials and preparing construction layouts. Joiners erect framework and framing systems, lay sub-flooring and floor panels and verifies trueness of structures. Additionally, installation of doors and windows is required, to include framing installation, setting and installing miscellaneous furnishings (T&S modules, quarters, galley, reefer spaces, etc.) and all other required finish work required to fully complete living spaces and compartments. Repairs structural woodwork and replaces defective parts and equipment, using hand tools and power tools. Shapes irregular parts and trims excess material from bulkhead and furnishings to ensure fit meets specifications.
- Five or more years direct experience as a shipboard joiner or commercial carpentry experience may suffice
- Ability to interpret installation and arrangement drawings. Capable of developing field sketches
- Can operate power tools, e.G., circular saw, grinder, stud gun, etc., as well as use various hand tools required
- Capable of planning work tasks and gathering materials required to complete tasks
- Coordinates work sequences with other craft disciplines, possesses solid oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manually lift up to 50 lbs. Sitting, standing and bending required- Reports to work on time daily; willing to work overtime when requested
NSC Technologies offers
- Competitive pay
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Long term job opportunities
- Referral bonus if you qualify
- OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D
Key Words: Carpentry, Frame work, decking, berthing, bulk heads, flooring/ sub floor, panels, finish carpentry, miscellaneous furnishings (T&S modules, quarters, galley, reefer spaces)