1st Class Secret Clearance Blasters
Responsibilities of the Shipyard C-7 Blaster:
- 3+ years of ship maintenance and repair experience on Naval vessels.
- Spray painters certified in accordance with Society of Protective Coatings (SSPC) C-12 or NAVSEA-approved equivalent. For equivalent certifications, a copy of the NAVSEA approval letter shall be provided.
- Blasters certified in accordance with SSPC C-7 or NAVSEA-approved equivalent. For equivalent certifications, a copy of the NAVSEA approval letter shall be provided.
- Must be able to set up, operate, and maintain industrial paint spraying equipment, airless painting equipment, and sandblasting equipment in accordance with OSHA, federal, state and local standards and requirements for shipyard work.
- Ability to apply and remove various paint coatings on ships and non-nuclear components, interior/exterior surfaces, and submarine preservation per NAVSEA Standard Item (009-32).
- Ability to prepare non-nuclear material for preservation by abrasive blasting, including shipboard blasting of hulls, tanks and superstructures and shop blasting of ship components and other items in accordance with NAVSEA Standard Item (009-32).
Requirements of the C-7 Blasters:
Must have a C7 SSPC Certification.
If no SSPC cert customer will take a candidate that has 400 + hours and can be verified by a supervisor.
- Must have Birth certificate or Valid passport gain access to shipyard
- Must pass a back ground check