1st Class / Journeyman Shipfitters
San Diego, CA
* Job Description:
- Shipfitter for shipbuilding new construction.
- Responsibilities to include tacking and fitting of bulkheads, railings, foundations, deck plating and other structural members. Assembles, cuts and grinds metal structural parts to include plates, bulkheads, strong backs, turnbuckles, etc.
- Aligns parts in relation to each other. Performs layout work according to blueprints or reference lines. Marks location of holes to be drilled, drives wedges and installs temporary fasteners to hold parts in place for welding or riveting.
- May perform fabrication work inside shop. Performs related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a shipyard environment
- Must understand the layout of a ship with compartment identification knowledge
- Must be able to read blueprints and perform layouts
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Must be able to use hand tools and power tools safely and efficiently
- Must be flexible to working all shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Must have shipfitting tools
NSC Technologies offers
- Competitive pay
- Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
- Long term job opportunities
- Referral bonus if yo u qualify
- OSHA Training
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: 619-795-4350
PLEASE EMAIL OR FAX YOUR RESUME TO: westhotjobs@nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D