1ST CLASS BURNERS
Newport News, VA
1. Manual Burning with an Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch. Must be able to burn plates and shapes with square cut preps and various bevel preps on material from 3/16 thick through 4 thick.
2. Machine Burning with Oxygen/Propane Burning Equipment. Must be able to burn plates and shapes with square cut preps and various bevel preps on material from 3/16 thick through 4 thick. All Burners must have familiarity with automatic burning machines similar to a CM-79 radiograph, or IK 12.
3. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
4. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
5. Ability to properly use bevel gauges.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
1. All Burners will be required to demonstrate the above abilities to burn the above shapes and materials in all positions that meet the NAVSEA 0900-999-9000 Acceptable Standards For Surface Finish of Flame or Arc Cut Material .
2. Visual Inspection of burned material will meet NAVSEA requirements above.
Prior to performing work at Newport News all Burners must successfully pass, without training, the above tests at the Newport News welding school.
Required Safety Training / Qualifications:
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to Newport News Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at Newport News.
All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) is to be provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company. All Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company shall meet the requirements of OSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and /or as specified by Newport News.
1. Confined space trained in accordance with OSHA Standards 29 CFR 1915 Subpart B.
2. Hazard communication trained in accordance with OSHA Standard 29CFR 1915.1200 (1910.1200) (h) (1) through (3) (iv).
3. Respirator trained and qualified. A Respirator Medical Clearance Examination as required by a Physician. The Respirator Training and Fit Testing will meet the requirements of Standard 29CFR1910.134 and each individual shall be trained in a negative-pressure type respirator, MSA COMFO CLASSIC. Newport News requires the use of a MSA COMFO CLASSIC Respirator only (approximate weight 12 oz.). Daily use of respirator may occur.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: (757) 673 9185
PLEASE EMAIL OR FAX YOUR RESUME TO: Barry.Dunbar@NSC-TECH.COM
** NSC will provide OSHA 10 Maritime training to all eligible employees **
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
**NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees*
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.Nsc-tech.Com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D